Friday, January 30, 2009

One Too Many Mornings

I could not sleep last night. I kept waking up with back pain. I was shoveling out the upper part of our 17 car driveway that has yet to be shoveled this year, so we could fit more than two cars in it, because my cousin (David J. Hagaman) was coming over to watch the Wings game with me. Well, I moved wrong or something and threw my back way out of wack. I was thinking about a hundred different things too. So, I couldn't sleep at all last night.

"Down the street the dogs are barkin'
And the day is a-gettin' dark.
As the night comes in a-fallin',
The dogs 'll lose their bark.
An' the silent night will shatter
From the sounds inside my mind,....."

I knew that when I got up in the morning I would have to make a trip out to see Dr. Nick at Newport Chiropractic (Ad space is now for sale on my b-word). I was prepared to do so. I got up, called my boss, gave him the low down and then took off for the chiropractor. Now I'm sitting at work, an hour and a half late for work by the way, and I am still in pain and I haven't ate a thing yet. So, all in all a wonderful, and joyous morning.

"...For I'm one too many mornings
And a thousand miles behind."

3 comments: