Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time is a Number That Rests on a Wall

Some days I just wish that I was 15 again. I had no responsibilities, besides maybe mowing the grass, and life just seemed simpler. Sometimes I feel like my daily routine is like a video tape that rewinds every night and then plays again each morning.



If you know me, then you've probably heard me talk about how sometimes I imagine that I'm in a movie and it's the part of the movie where the characters are doing something like driving somewhere and there is a song that fades in and is the prominent sound for a few minutes. Well, that happened this morning, I was driving to work and listening to my iPod on shuffle and "Washington Square" by the Counting Crows came on (my favorite band, if at all not obvious by all of the references on this site). When I heard this lyric, "Now I live in the shadows, where light is electric. And time is a number that rests on a wall." I had one of those moments where I felt like if my life were a movie, that was a good take.

1 comment: