Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Death and all of his Friends

"So come over, just be patient, and don't worry
And don't worry
No I don’t want to battle from beginning to end
I don’t want a cycle of recycled revenge
I don’t want to follow Death and all of his friends"

Today, When I got to work I was informed that one of our employees at our PA branch was killed in a car accident the night before. I had only met this person once and had interacted with him a few times via e-mail and on the phone. I really didn't know him at all, but, for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't stop thinking about him all day, and about how uncertain life is. One minute you are working like crazy and you can barley pay your bills and your fighting with your friends and you just think that your life is horrible, and the next minute you could be dead. Then, life, with all of it's troubles, would seam to be a better alternative, right? I guess it's up to interpretation.

What I'm trying say is: I tend to seam dissatisfied with my current situation, whatever it may be, But, that's what life is about. I should be ok with whatever situation I'm in and trust in God no matter what.

"And in the end, We lie awake, and we dream of making our escape "

1 comment:

  1. i have thought a lot about the uncertainty of our exit. at work, i see a lot of people in that valley. young or old, i've seen it. the point is that you never know how much time you have left. the things you value need to be your highest priority in light of this truth.

    by the way, that is a great song.

    ReplyDelete