Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dream #2 - 5-12-2010

I am trying to keep up with this, but with all of the busyness this last week I have been slipping.

Dream #2 - 5-12-2010

I had a conversation with my dad right before I went to bed this night. He was telling me about how my truck (the one that he gave me) is very easy to steal. He told me this because I was going downtown in a few days. My parents, like many people their age, try to avoid "the D" as much as possible. They've been trained to think that way their whole lives. It's not their fault. Me - I have a different approach to the topic, which has resulted in many long "conversations" (not fights) with them.

Regardless, he told me about this just as I was getting ready to go to bed. Now, I love this truck. It's not in any great shape, it's not in bad shape either, it "needs work" - mostly cosmetic work. But, that's not why I love this truck. I grew up in this truck. We took this truck on all of our vacations. We took it on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, we took it hunting, we took it everywhere that we went as a family from roughly 1994 to 1999 - I even took my driving test with it.

The dream:
Not much to this one. The dream starts with me driving the truck down I-75, headed toward Detroit. For some reason, my friend Mario is with me. We pull off and start driving around Detroit. It's very dark, the sky looks like the sky in the Terminator movies when they show "Judgement Day". We are driving around for quite a while. We finally arrive at our destination, a small bar with an extremely large parking lot. I park as close to the bar as possible and we go in. When we exit the bar hours later, we see that there is a person in my truck. he has already broken in and is hot wiring the truck. He peels out of the parking lot before we can get to the truck. I then see another person getting into their own vehicle, I steal that vehicle and try to catch the guy that stole my truck. But, he is way faster then me. I head back to the bar and get into lots of trouble for stealing the car that I stole. And I never saw my truck again.

In dreams, emotions seam to differ from real life. You can see someone die in a dream and feel no emotion, or it can feel as if it were real. This felt like ten times worse then how it would've really felt. I was really really sad. When I woke up, I got out of bed and looked out the window just to make sure that the truck was still there. Sounds silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment