Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Been Such A Long Time

Hello All - I know that my consistency in the so called "blogosphere" has been somewhat horrible. For the last two weeks at work I have taken on new responsibilities that have temporarily rendered me useless to family, friends, loved ones, strangers, myself. It's hilarious what we will do, or not do, when we are really really busy - which things we will give up doing first to make time for other things. All of a sudden, simple everyday things like showering become a major hassle (I shower, don't worry). I find myself doing un-characteristic things, like telling people no. I told my sister-in-law no when she asked me to fix her computer, why? - I would have never done that on a normal week. My wife and sis in law were making mac and cheese at her place and they asked me to come over to eat some. MAC & CHEESE!!!!!! What do you think I said? - - - - - - - "I'm too tired"   too tired for mac & cheese.      tear ~ 

I took a nap in the middle of the day.......I over reacted when someone left only one slice of pizza in the box (But really, who does that? that’s like leaving a little bit of milk in the jug - it's just enough milk for.....nothing.  Or like leaving only half of a peanuty treat in the cupboard that you weren't supposed to eat. You know who you are.)..... 

We've been recycling for a little while now and Bri just went and got a recycling bin (Before the bin, recycling meant bagging it up and putting it in the garage). Bri, being smarter, read the pamphlet and it said to not put the water bottle caps in the bucket. 

Ok, so, when you're sitting on the couch and you're in the funky funk that I've been in where you really really like conserving energy (laziness), and you just finished a bottle of water and the recycling bin is 2 feet to your left and the trash can is 15 feet away. What do you do???

You take the cap off, and try to basketball each of the two components into their respective bins.

And it never works.

~~ Tear ~~

1 comment:

  1. changing a didey in the living room, and when i'm done, i go for the glory. i toss a glorious dirty didey from three point land. i think i shoot pretty good. about a 50/50 ratio. if i miss, sometimes they'll sit there until i need to go to the kitchen for something.

    NObama would be proud of our "energy conservation" i think.

    ReplyDelete