Sunday, May 15, 2016

Do You Miss Me?

Wow, it's been a really, really long time since I've posted a blog. I've been kind of busy. Let's recap:
The last time I posted a blog my kids were 3 months old... now they're 4.

The last time I posted a blog I was a help desk analyst...I've since moved to a new position in a new department and I've been promoted to a supervisor.

The last time I posted a blog I was about 40-50 pounds heavier.

So, I decided to look at this blog today because I've been thinking about the past. This morning everything has reminded me about the past. Specifically my time with some friends who I don't spend time with anymore. Some because life just happens and we can no longer get together on Saturdays and play video games until one our Mom's make dinner. Some because they are not with us anymore. This one is especially hard for me to deal with, some may say that this is not healthy...whatever. ....it's not natural to lose friends and family as early on as I did. (This isn't a pity party, I know that others have gone through way more difficult situations than I have.)

When one of my friends was really sick, he told me that his biggest fear was being forgotten after he passes. I wish that he knew how much of an impact that statement had on me. I will be able to tell him someday. I'll also be able to tell him that his friendship meant so much to me and that I think about him everyday.

So, I ask you: How will you be remembered? It's something to ponder. If you bit the dust today. How will you be remembered? It's a scary question and it has been haunting me ever since that day. I would like to say that it has reshaped my life, but that would be an understatement. I could do more good. I could do more helping. I could do more giving. I could do more teaching. But I hope I hope that I'm not only known for what I did but for who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment