Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time is Contagious

I don't have enough time. No matter what I do. No matter which job schedule I take. No matter what amount of sleep I get. No matter what I do.

I haven't wrote on here in a while ( the award winning, most favorite, most used first line of all blogs around the world) - (which kind of plays into my title)

...So, I guess I should bring everyone up to speed, you know this is a Web Log and all.

Captians Log, May 8th. Star Date 2012.5
The crew has doubled in size over the last month, with the birth of Leo and Ella.

On April 6th, 2012. Our offspring entered this world. At the time I was NASCAR'ing it to Dearborn from Findlay OH. I've never had to do anything like that, and I 've never been that nervous before. And even though I drove at top speed the whole way. I missed the birth of my first two children (possibly only children, remember the ships' full). I was angry at first, then I was kind of releived that I wasn't there. But, I've finally landed on ashamed, I should've been there for my wife. She was ok though, she had her mom there with her. I guess it's a pride thing.....whatever, it is what it is. So I made it there, 5 min after Ella was born, and they were beautiful, wonderful, and healthy. They where born 7 weeks early and they where perfectly fine. They had to stay in the NICU for about 2 weeks.

So there you go, you're up to speed on the head count.

There's a line from a Damien Rice song that I love...."Time is contagious, Everybody's getting old" My take on the song is that it means to get off your butt and just get it done. If you sit around your life will just pass you by. He says it in a bunch of different, weird ways in the song, but the meaning is the same. It's a pretty inspiring song to me. When I have the time that I need, I seem to waste it. And it's not that I have an addiction to video games or something like that. I know that's a big one, I haven't hooked up my PS3 since I moved in Feb. I just seem to always be busy and always be out of time.

I have to say that I am super impressed with my wife, Brianne. She's taking care of both kids for basically 36-40 hours in a row while I work. Her mom has been helping her a lot. But she has been doing a great job.

Time managent is not my strongest ability, and I hope that I can improve on it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment