Saturday, January 22, 2011

Order# 15614

Happy Saturday Everyone,

For some reason I love releasing my customer service debacles on this blog. I hope that its not boring for the 13 readers that I have.

I own a business and I strive for 100% customer satisfaction - It's not an option for a good business, it's a requirement. It makes me so angry when companies that you feed your money to wont give you the time of day - or they are rude - or they just don't care. It's insanity.

This is my latest fight: I ordered four HP 92 ink cartridges - I received four HP 94 cartridges. All that I want is the correct order.....not too hard right. But this company that I order from (at least once a week, sometimes more) doesn't have a phone number (I know, rediculous right?) so they will only communicate via email. Stupid, that's what that is. Well they just wont respond to me, and in the mean time, it makes me look bad because my clients are waiting.

Here's the thread:

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Thomas Hagaman wrote:
Hi - I ordered four HP #92 and I received four HP #94. Are they the same cartridge?

Thanks for your time.

- Tom Hagaman
_______________________________________________________

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Thomas Hagaman wrote:

Hi,
I emailed you about this order at 11:13am this morning - I have a client waiting on this order and if its wrong, I need the correct order ASAP. I ordered four HP 92 and received four HP 94.

Thanks

- Tom Hagaman
___________________________________________________


On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Thomas Hagaman wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I have done some research on my own and found that these cartridges are not the same and cannot be used in my clients printer. I would like the correct cartridges sent to me as quickly as possible.

I use your site almost exclusively for ink purchases, but with this lack of quick response to your clients I am considering going with one of your more expensive competitors because they will respond to emails in a timely fashion and they have a phone number.

If your only means of communication is going to be email then you need to respond to it quickly. Within a few hours would be acceptable, thats not a ridiculous request - that's good business. I respond to my clients, via email, within an hour - in this age of technology thats not very hard.

Please let me know that this matter is going to be handled.

Tom Hagaman


Am I being too hard on them? - I mean if you called a company on Friday morning and left them a message wouldn't you expect that they would call you back that day?

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I personally think thats bull crap, Mr. Tom.. With all of the competing businesses out there, it seems it would be much wiser on their part to be on point with customer service.. Good luck with that, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what to expect anymore. The whole thing is a circus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately along with a growing disrespect and disregard for personal property, there is a growing disregard for taking responsibility for what one is resposible for...sad, but blaringly obvious. The saddest thing is when it comes to a situation like yours, the person responsible for responding to your email probably has no accountability and not much at stake, unlike you. Customer service is a huge issue for me, I mean really how hard is it to try to satisfy customers...it's not that hard usually...of course you will occasionally run into the customer that just will not be happy with anything, but for the most part people are easily appeased...just give them what they want...the right order and a little respect...or just some human decency.
    I truly hope that you've heard something by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would drive me crazy, I don't think you're being too hard on them at all. Did you ever hear back? What ever became of the HP 94s?

    ReplyDelete