Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just Sayin......

OK, haven't wrote on here in a while, But....I needed to just complain about this one little thing and then I'll get out of your hair.

This little saying popped up a little while back and now it's spreading like wild fire. I can't figure out what the origin is, but it's climbing into the rankings with the likes of:

"Talk to the hand"
"Can you hear me now?"
"Doh!"
"Watchu talk bout Willis?"
"That's what she said"
"Just do it"
"I'm just chillaxin"
"Your mom went to college"
"What up Dawg"
and
"You'll end up living in a van, down by the river!"

(Well maybe not that last one)


Here it is: "Just sayin"

I'll give you an example:

"Did you see Sara's new haircut?"
"Yeah, it looks good"
"Well, I think it looks like crap, Just sayin"

It's like someone just gave you free reign to say whatever you want, and as long as you say: "Just sayin" at the end then you're all good - can't be mad at me because I'm just sayin...........

(I said no offense)

At no other time throughout you're day is it important to tell people what you just did.......

While walking up the stairs: "Good morning, Just walkin"
While typing: "Sorry hold on a sec, Just typin"
While eating lunch: "So how have you been, Just eatin"

While driving down Eureka Rd.: "What is your problem? why can't you just learn how to drive, Just ragin"


Other people disguise that fact that they are really just pushing their opinions onto you - in a somewhat subtle way (but not really).

I'm "Just sayin" that's all I'm doing. I'm not "Just tellin" you how its gonna be
or
I'm not "Just screamin" at you for leaving all the lights on
or
I'm not "Just stadin" up for what's right....nooooooooo... I'm"Just sayin" so that means that it's not as offensive.

It's just another way for people to take a neutral standing on something.......While actually having a strong opinion on the matter...........

Just sayin

4 comments:

  1. Good points all. But I'm a fan of "just sayin'" It has a certain ring to it that just works. And I don't think it's new. Seems to me it's been around a long time. I'm not sure. But I like it. I think it comes from trying to be honest without being offensive. And it's kind of funny for some reason, which is why I like it. Of course, some people will use it to get away with things they shouldn't. But we do that with pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm staking claim to be the first person to say "Just sayin' " in my little circle. I've since stopped using it because now everyone does. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an oldie that has come back around for another round!

    Personally, I don't say that. But I think I did a few times 20 years ago!

    sylacesays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete