Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tigerdirect.com...........Sucks

Oh, this is a good one.

I'll take you on a journey through time and space.
We'll see people who work in customer service, and who don't even know what that means.
We'll explore addition and subtraction, and how those are basic skills that everyone should have.
We'll see myself very angry and probably at some of my worst moments.
But most of all I'll show you how Tigerdirect.com sucks.

First off, the background of the story. I build computers, at least a couple a month. People pay me to do this for them. I like doing it. I buy all the parts from online suppliers, because the stores around here are very overpriced. Well, this company charged me for the same order twice, two weeks apart from eachother, and it caused my bank account to overdraw.

And here's the rest of the story.......(it's long)..........
(keep in mind, it's been over a month already at this point).......
(Also keep in mind - I get - very, very angry)................

___________________________
Date: July 20th
From: Tom Hagaman
To:Steve

Hi Steve,
I have attached all of the info I have. I forgot to mention the order number: W6918361

Thanks
______________________________________
Date:July 20th
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

Thanks Thomas, I received your email. I’ll process this today. Please allow 3-5 days for your bank to process our refund.

Cheers,

Steve

_________________________________

Date:July 20th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

Thank you so much!
_____________________________________
Date:July 31st
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

Hi Steve,
We spoke on Tuesday and you said that you would e-mail me with the status of my refund. Please contact me with either via cell 734.391.XXXX or by e-mail.
_____________________________________
Date:July 31st
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

Hi Thomas,

I understand you spoke with Tyrone following up on this. I’ve re-emailed it to the supervisor I gave it to initially. I will email you once I hear back.

Thanks,

_________________________________

Date:August 6th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

Steve,


I am not taking this ordeal lightly. I have been waiting almost two months for this refund. Yesterday I was refunded two of the seven overdraft fees that were the result of Tigerdirect's mistake. All of the money will be refunded to me or you will have lost a very valuable customer. This week alone I have bought over $ 600 dollars in parts from other retailers, and I will continue to do so.
Tigerdirect was my go to supplier for any parts that I needed mainly because of how quickly they were delivered. This small mistake would have been easily forgiven if your staff would have dealt with the issue promptly and fully.

Please forward this e-mail on to your supervisor or owner or anyone else you wish.

- Tom Hagaman
______________________________________
Date:August 7th
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your email. Your refund posted days ago. I do apologize for the delay.

Best regards,

__________________________________

Date:August 7th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

Did you read the last e-mail that I sent???

The refund was not the full amount - please forward to your supervisor - I would like to speak to him directly - I can be reached at 734.391.XXXX
_______________________________________
Date:August 7th
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

I forwarded the overdraft statements to the supervisor. It was the two overdraft charges, correct?

__________________________________
Date:August 7th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

No - it was 7 - it's stated in the letter that I sent along - 2 of them were refunded

________________________________________
Date:August 7th
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

The PDF you sent shows two insufficient funds, so that’s what they refunded. I attach it for your review. Please send in the other paperwork and explanation that I can forward to the supervisor.

___________________________________
Date:August 7th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

The letter clearly states that there were seven overdraft charges as a result of the Tigerdirect charges. Look at the "fees charged" column on the last page of the documentation that I sent you.

________________________________________
Date:August 11th
From: Steve
To: Tom Hagaman

Why can't a supervisor call me????? Why does your customer support hide behind this phrase: "I will pass it along to my supervisor" - not acceptable!

I wish to speak your mysterious "supervisor" on the phone - if he exists.

734-391-XXXX
_______________________________________

Date:August 11th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Steve
(Forwarded to me)

Steve,

Please explain to your customer that I need a detailed overdraft statement. It needs to have the dates of the transaction so our credit department can refund him his overdraft fees. The statement you gave me does not include the dates the transactions were processed.

Regards

giraldo

_________________________________

Date:August 11th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Steve

Steve,
I don't know how to get anymore information than this. I printed this page from my bank account online. It shows the dates that the purchases from the overdraft statement were made. My bank does not have a "more detailed overdraft statement".
_____________________________________
Date:August 11th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Tom Hagaman

Thomas,

The statement that Steve brought me only has Description, Item amount & Fee Charged. Below you claim it shows dates that the purchases from the overdraft statement were made. Am I missing something ??? If I had the dates this issue would have been resolved. Maybe we are looking at two different statements. Please advise.

Giraldo

_____________________________________
Date:August 11th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Giraldo Sanchez

Hi Giraldo,
I attached a second page, which is the page that I mentioned in the e-mail below, that is a print out from my account online that shows the dates. I attached it to the last e-mail.

I do not have a document that shows all of the information. I have an overdraft statement - which you have, and the printed account history, which shows that transaction dates. I have attached everything that I have to this e-mail.

Please keep in mind that I am only concerned with the overdraft charges caused by Tiger, there were others which were my fault, but at the same time if that order would not have gone through, these seven fees would have been avoided.

Thanks.
_____________________________________
Date:August 11th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Tom Hagaman

Thomas,

This is exactly what I needed. I apologize for the confusion between Steve and I. Can you please provide me with the phone number to your bank. In some occasions our credit department will attempt to convince the bank to drop some of the fees. Either way I will have this issue resolved ASAP.

Best regards

Giraldo

________________________________

Date:August 11th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Giraldo Sanchez

Giraldo,


Thank you. Here is the number to my bank: 877-981-3733 - Charter One Bank

______________________________________

Date:August 11th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Tom Hagaman

I am on it!!

______________________________________
Date:August 12th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Tom Hagaman

Thomas,

According to the bank statement and your bank, we were not the cause of your overdraft fees. When you placed your order with us, you account was already overdrawn. We only refund overdraft fees that are caused due to our error.

Regards

Giraldo

____________________________________

Date:August 12th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Giraldo Sanchez

That is not the case. If you look at the bank statement my account balance was $ xxx.xx. before the overdraft fees were applied - The over draft that happened because of the two Tigerdirect charges.

________________________________________
Date:August 12th
From: Giraldo Sanchez
To: Tom Hagaman

Correct, You had $xxx.xx. and then you placed an order with us for $xxx.xx. We only charged you what you OK’ed for us to charge. It is not our fault that you did not have sufficient funds when you placed your order with us. There was no error on our part. We did what we were supposed to do. This is between you and your bank. I apologize. I cannot refund you for something we did not cause.
___________________________________
Date:August 12th
From: Tom Hagaman
To: Giraldo Sanchez

You are very wrong - We are talking about an order that was not supposed to go through. Do I need to go over it all again?Tigerdirect's incompetent staff is to blame. How dare you tell me that I "ok'ed" that purchase - I did no such thing. I placed an order and Tigerdirect's staff couldn't handle a small change to that order - Tigerdirect sent me the same order twice - I "ok'ed" one order not two. The fact that I have went through two customer service reps before you, you, and an accountant and none of you can look at something and clearly see that you were at fault is mind blowing.

I've now made 4 or 5 phone calls (long phone calls) and 26 emails - I've wasted hours over this small issue, and then you tell me it's my fault. It's almost comical.

I want this elevated to someone else, send this e-mail to the damn owner of the company if you have to. I 'd like to share my thoughts with him\her on their poorly ran company.
_______________________________________



(You wouldn't like me when I'm angry)

No comments:

Post a Comment